Thursday, March 5, 2009

Let's start over.

ABOUT THIS BLOG

This is Big Girl Style. This is a fashion blog, geared toward plus sized women. I created this blog for several reasons. Trends will be deciphered, and there will be links to clothing that accurately represents each trend, along with how to wear these trends without looking like a fool. If possible, examples will also be attached. Celebrity fashion as it relates to plus size style will also be discussed. Fashion is not limited to clothing; it also includes accessories, shoes, lingerie, and so forth. The clothing discussed will be pulled from all different places. I will try my hardest to find fashions at affordable prices, because I'm not rich and and it's likely that you aren't either. If the item I find is expensive, I will try to find something similar at a reasonable price.

ABOUT ME

My name is Kim, and I am a big girl. Married, no kids and no pets (yet!). I live in Lorton, VA, a suburb outside of Washington D.C. I have fashion in my blood. I currently attend Marymount University in Arlington, VA and I am majoring in fashion design. I define my style as preppy urban. I like color, plaid, and animal print, but also try not to make it too crazy. Yellow and pink are my favorite colors. Some of my most recent purchases include a pink neon tiger stripe shirt, green colorblock skirt, and blue short-sleeve ruffle blouse. My favorite stores are Old Navy and Torrid. I read People Style Watch and In Style religiously.

So I hope this blog inspires you just as much as I was inspired to create it. Just because you are big doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your style for it. You just have to know where to look!

No comments: